The information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector has continued to support the economic growth of Central Visayas, according to the National Economic Development Authority in Region 7 (NEDA-7). The IT-BPO sector in Cebu and Dumaguete have specifically contributed to the Central Visayas economy, which grew between 8% and 9% in 2015. The growth rate was lower than the official target, but higher than the national economic growth rate, according to NEDA-7 director Efren Carreon. In 2014, Central Visayas grew 8.8%, mainly led by the services and industry sectors. Cebu currently has the most number of BPO companies in Central Visayas, employing more than 120,000 workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information