Senator Grace Poe, one of the country’s presidential aspirants, said she wants to establish Dumaguete City as a hub for information and communications technology (ICT)-based industries. She will do this to provide more opportunities for graduates in Dumaguete City, a renowned university town. But Poe said she can only do so if she gets elected president. Poe also revealed that she proposed the establishment of the Negros Cyber Center, where all business process outsourcing (BPO) / knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) investments can be integrated into a common area. She added that through the Dumaguete-based cyber center, employment opportunities can be spread throughout the island of Negros.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information