The Arangkada Philippines Project (TAPP), a major advocacy of the Joint Foreign Chambers (JFC) to increase investment and employment in the Philippines, has released a report citing the need for better broadband services and faster Internet connection in the country. The policy brief released by TAPP noted that access to high-speed Internet is a catalyst for development and a tool to accelerate and sustain economic growth. It also noted that the Philippines, as one of the top business process outsourcing (BPO) destinations worldwide, has a crucial need for fast, reliable and competitively priced broadband services. Faster Internet connections outside Metro Manila and other metropolitan areas will also further develop the BPO sector in rural areas, the policy brief said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information