Albay’s Legazpi City, one of the “next wave cities” for the IT-BPM industry, now has an IT park that offers about 8,000 call center seats. The Embarcadero IT Park, the only IT park in the city, can provide jobs to some 24,000 agents in three shifts. The biggest locater in Embarcadero IT Park is Sutherland Global Services, and Legazpi continues to attract more IT-BPM firms to put up offices in the city, promoting the city as an ideal location for outsourcing companies. Recently, the city received a Php10-million grant from the Department of Interior and Local Government through the Training for Better Access to Job Opportunities program. The program assists local government units in implementing projects that will equip local workers with the necessary skills to prepare them for jobs in IT-BPO, tourism, and agri-business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information