Jamaican runner Usain Bolt, the 100-meter world record holder, is investing in a business process outsourcing (BPO) business. According to a Loop Jamaica report, Bolt will be partnering with American outsourcing firm Startek on a new BPO center that will hire 1,200 employees in Jamaica. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Startek already has presence in the country and in the Philippines. The report said Bolt owns the property on which the call center will be built. In 2017, Bolt earned USD34.2 million, according to Forbes. According to some estimates, the runner has amassed over US$150m during his 10-year career.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information