Software and IT outsourcing major Wipro Ltd has acquired a minority stake in US-based artificial intelligence startup Avaamo Inc. In a filing to the stock exchanges, Wipro said it is making a strategic investment of USD2.02m through a further infusion of funds and the conversion of convertible notes issued earlier, taking the total investment to USD3.02m. This will give the India-headquartered technology firm a minority stake of less than 20%. Founded in 2014, Avaamo provides an artificial intelligence-driven enterprise bot platform that simplifies the process to design and deploy enterprise bots for corporate employees and their customers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information