Toppan Printing, a Japanese global printing firm, is paying about JPY15bn (USD133m) to acquire a 14.43% stake in call center operator Bellsystem24 Holdings. Toppan will acquire the stake from US private equity firm Bain Capital, making it the second-largest shareholder in the call center operator. The acquisition is part of the Japanese industrial printer’s aim to build and broaden its operations in business process outsourcing. Together, the partners aim to introduce cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence to expand the scope of their BPO operations. They hope to increase their combined BPO revenue 10% by fiscal 2022 to JPY220bn.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information