Asian Institute of Management (AIM) economist Emmanuel Lance Garcia said the Philippines needs to produce a highly-trainable workforce with advanced critical thinking skills to make them employable with the onset of artificial intelligence. Garcia said it is difficult to predict the kind of opportunities that will come up in the future due to the threat of AI especially in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. He said there is a need for the country to produce a large pool of trainable workers who can adapt themselves to the changing times. To do this, Garcia said private institutions and the government need to coordinate and collaborate.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information