Video game globalization and localization firm Keywords Studios is setting up a support services business in the Philippines by acquiring Manila-based video games support firm Ankama Asia Pte Ltd. Ankama currently provides live support services to the games developed by French group Ankama SAS. The acquisition will transfer the live operations team to Keywords Studios, which will also retain contracts to continue providing services to the games company. Keywords also intends to expand its workforce in Manila significantly to provide support services to its other clients. It currently has 23 staff at its Manila operation. Keywords chief executive Andrew Day said the Philippines is a well-established territory for competitively priced support services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information