A number of business process outsourcing (BPO) companies have expressed interest in expanding their operations in Bohol but the province does not have any Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) registered buildings. According to the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), the BPO industry in Bohol is expected to finally take off as soon as it gets its own PEZA registered buildings. Tagbilaran City was identified as a “Next Wave City” for the ICT-BPO industry in 2012. DTI 7 director Asteria Caberte also said she still has to confirm if there are already developers who have considered registering their properties and projects with the PEZA. Local government officials in Bohol have already conducted consultations with stakeholders to make the province a prime spot for BPOs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information