Engineering Services Outsourcing (ESO) is one sector that the Philippine outsourcing industry can further develop as part of the high value-added services it can offer to global clients. In support of this, the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE) is working on a roadmap that will include ESO as a new growth area for the country’s Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM) sector. ESO currently accounts for only 1% of the Philippine IT-BPM industry with revenues of around USD300m, and it employed 13,000 employees in 2015. PICE President Ernesto S. de Castro said the current challenge is for the Philippines to move from voice to non-voice and go to high value-added activities. Frost & Sullivan identified ESO as a key growth sector for the Philippine IT-BPM industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information