Over the next six years, the global legal process outsourcing (LPO) market is forecast to reach USD8.6bn by 2020, according to Orbis Research. Among the key driving force for the market are cost effectiveness through outsourcing non-core legal activities and higher resource utilization, the report added. Major offshore locations include India, the Philippines and South Africa. Law firms in the US and UK outsource business to domestic markets or emerging markets of Asia Pacific. According to the report, offshore outsourcing to countries such as India provides advantages in terms of cost saving, and tasks such as IP processes, document analysis and legal research are commonly outsourced there.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information