Call center companies in the Philippines have managed to swiftly shift from low-end tasks to mid- and high-skilled jobs, according to research conducted by the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP). The research showed that mid- and high-skilled jobs in the contact center sector account for 85% of the total positions, as new technologies in automation and AI are replacing old jobs. By 2022, about 73% of the global IT-BPM industry will be covering mid- and high-skilled jobs, according to the projections of Frost & Sullivan. CCAP President Jojo Uligan said local professionals are now finding themselves more engaged in complicated tasks, as there is increasing demand for mid- and high-skilled jobs in the industry. From just answering calls, local contact center firms now make use of “disruptive” technologies — automation, analytics, and AI — to deliver customer experience, the study showed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information