Former President and now House Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has praised the management and staff of business process outsourcing firm Teleperformance for the company’s success since she inaugurated the company’s Bacolod office in 2006. Arroyo was recently in Bacolod City to visit the projects she spearheaded when she was still Philippine president. She has been credited with the rise of the BPO industry in the Philippines. During her administration, the country’s BPO industry grew at an average of 65% per annum for over a decade. Arroyo told reporters that developing the BPO industry was one of her “proudest accomplishments” and recalled that Teleperformance in Bacolod City was the first such operation in the Visayas when it was opened. It was also during Arroyo’s term that ITBPAP and the Commission on Information and Communication Technology were created.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information