The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) has forecast the contact center industry to generate an additional $1 billion in revenues this year. The industry is also expected to generate an additional 70,000 more jobs, according to CCAP president Jojo Uligan. Uligan said in a press conference at the opening of the Contact Islands 2018 Conference that Cebu is expected to continue to be the biggest source of voice services worldwide. Furthermore, Uligan said companies have been able to start coping with the disruption brought about by technologies like artificial intelligence and automation. In a related forecast, global consulting and research firm Everest Group said the Philippines will account for 16-18% of the aggregate outsourced services globally in 2018. CCAP board chairman Benedict Hernandez said the current figures are in line with IBPAP’s roadmap.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information