Manulife Business Processing Services (MBPS), the global shared-service center of Manulife, has teamed up with a medical mission in Cebu recently as part of its Urban Angels MBPS Volunteer Program. MBPS-assisted doctors from the Canadian nonprofit organization Urban Angels attended the medical mission in Toledo City in Cebu. MBPS distributed free eyeglasses and donated various medical supplies and equipment at the event, while Urban Angels offered a wide range of medical services. Manulife has partnered with volunteer doctors to provide free medical services to needy communities in the Philippines since 2011. MBPS won the Best Shared Services Award in the 2013 International ICT Awards and an Outstanding Contribution to the Business Processing Industry from the 2013 Asia Outsourcing Congress.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information