Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) is expanding its call capacity through a partnership with global business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Convergys. BSBSNC is expanding its three-year relationship with Convergys as it seeks to adapt to customer needs and the volatile healthcare environment. Officials from BCBSNC said the expansion will allow the company to redirect basic benefit, eligibility and claims calls from health care providers to Convergys centres in the Philippines. Globally, Convergys employs more than 130,000 people in more than 150 locations, including at a number of centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information