A management consultant said millennials are on track to comprise about 70 percent of the local workforce. As such, Filipino companies need to adapt to the millennial workforce and discard stereotypes, said Boris Joaquin, president of Breakthrough Leadership Management Consultancy. Joaquin added that Filipino companies can learn from multinational and business process outsourcing companies that allow millennials flexible work schedules and the opportunity to work from home. He added that millennials are more purposeful compared to baby boomers and Generation X, who are more compliant. Once millennials feel that they belong in a company, loyalty follows, Joaquin said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information