Despite the protectionist stance of US President Donald Trump, American corporations and tech firms continue to outsource jobs overseas. A staffing executive was quoted by the Charlotte Observer newspaper as saying that outsourcing of American jobs continues because companies profit from hiring cheap foreign workers. The most recent outsourcing reports involved Lowe’s and Wells Fargo, who are outsourcing work to India. Lowe’s are reportedly shipping 125 tech jobs to Bangalore while Wells Fargo CFO John Shrewsberry said jobs would eventually be outsourced to foreign countries. Trump has been looking for means to reduce outsourcing of American jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information