According to the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), new modern public utility vehicles (PUVs) will soon operate in areas where most business process outsourcing (BPO) companies are located. The modern PUVs are part of the government’s modernization program. It aims to replace all jeepneys that are fifteen years or older with safe and environmentally-friendly PUVs. An initial twenty-two PUVs will start running from Wednesday, November 28th. The operator, Persano Corp., proposes to deploy forty coaster-type PUVs. Francisco Ouano, operations chief of the Cebu City Transportation Office, urged the operator to work together with the city government to ensure smooth operations and to avoid worsening traffic congestion. LTFRB chair Martin Delgra said commuters deserve a better mass transit system. The modern jeepneys give BPO employees another safe and efficient commuting option. The Cebu City government has already deployed buses that cater to BPO workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information