As more investors expressed interest to investment in Davao City’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, more properties in the city have been refurbished to become BPO buildings, the Davao City Investments and Promotion Center (DCIPC) said. DCIPC head Ivan Cortez told reporters that owners of some buildings in the city have redesigned their properties to meet the requirements of outsourcing operations. Among the properties is the former Queen’s Cinema at Bonifacio Street, which is being turned into a BPO building with cost at Php90.5m. Another property is The Felcris Centrale Phase 1, which is transformed into a 10-story BPO building with mall operations in the first two levels. As of the end of 2015, the city’s BPO industry generated some 34,000 jobs, Cortez said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information