Rajiv Biswas, chief Asia Pacific Economist at IHS Markit, said the Philippines needs to attract more foreign investors to sustain the country’s economic growth momentum. To do so, Biswas said the government has to speed up its infrastructure overhaul and offer further incentives. The government also needs dynamic initiatives to make the Philippines more competitive compared to the rest of the region. Biswas added that the Philippines needs to create local jobs and not just rely in the future on foreign worker remittances. He also forecast the economy to growth 6.5% this year and in 2018, partly driven by the outsourcing sector and remittances from overseas Filipinos.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information