At least 92,920 employers are looking for project-based workers for data entry, programming, graphic design, Excel, and Photoshop. Sebastian Siseles, Freelancer.com vice president for international, said 10,000 project-based jobs are offered daily on the recruitment platform. Siseles, in an ABS-CBN News report, said a project-based job has broader appeal since employers are generally after a worker’s skills, not a college degree. He said freelancers are often paid higher than for the office-bound work. Home-based work may provide alternative job opportunities for call center agents who are at risk of losing their jobs due to automation. In October, the Philippine Senate and the House approved in a bicameral conference the Telecommuting Act, which seeks to enhance the protection and promotion of the rights and welfare of workers engaged in telecommuting and other flexible work arrangements.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information