Improved connectivity and broadband speed could benefit industries in the Philippines, including the business process outsourcing (BPO) segment. Improving connectivity is also expected to help narrow the digital gap that separates the Philippines from its regional neighbors, according to a report by Oxford Business Group. The Philippines ranks 21st out of 22 countries in Asia for internet download speeds, according to data released by internet metrics provider Ookla. The Philippines can expect to reap economic benefits from even a modest increase in broadband penetration. According to a World Bank study, national GDP have expanded by 1.38% for every 10% increase in broadband penetration.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information