Call center agents in Cebu City will soon get bus rides going to and from their workplaces as part of efforts to keep BPO employees safer. The Cebu City government, though, has not yet come up with the number of buses that will be deployed for this purpose and the fare that will be collected. The decision to provide bus rides for call center workers was a result of discussions between Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña and BPO leaders, which brought up the major concern about safety. In response, Osmeña said he will first map out the bus routes based on the number of call center agents. The city government will also deploy security volunteers near BPO offices.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information