The National Economic and Development Authority (Neda) has stressed the need for the government to facilitate a faster and more strategic roll-out of information, communication and technology (ICT) infrastructure in order to create more economic opportunities, and meet the growing demand for structures and services, particularly in underserved areas. Neda director-general Ernesto Pernia told the Asia Pacific Forum 2017 that the Philippines could further improve its world ranking in terms of readiness to support the development of online shopping and business-to-consumer e- commerce. Pernia stressed that digital technology has the greatest potential in transforming the financial landscape in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information