The new information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) industry is expected to generate an overall 4 to 5 million jobs at the end of 2022. This was the content of the IT-BPM Roadmap 2022 released this week by the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines. The roadmap target for employment is four to five times more than the jobs generated at the end of 2015, 1.2 million, which took over a decade to generate. The roadmap, crafted by Frost & Sullivan, notes that the Philippines will sustain the strong growth of the industry, but will be challenged by the need for a more conducive business environment and the cost of infrastructure.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information