The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) still has not received assurance that its more than 4,000 registered companies, mostly business process outsourcing firms, can keep the zero-rated value added tax (VAT) of their local purchases. The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has not yet issued a clear answer on the fate of Peza-related tax incentives. BIR, but has told Peza that the issue still requires discussions. Should the incentive be terminated, this could be a major disincentive for Peza-registered companies to source locally, opting instead to depend on imports, which are also currently being granted tax exemptions, analysts said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information