Global IT consultancy and outsourcing giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has sealed an USD2bn outsourcing deal from the Transamerica Life unit of Dutch insurer Aegon NV. The deal is the second largest outsourcing deal won by TCS in the past one month, and could be bigger than the USD2.25bn deal with Nielsen Holdings. Mumbai-based TCS won the Transamerica contract in competition with at least three other global outsourcing companies, including Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., according to a TCS executive who spoke on condition of anonymity. Under the Transamerica-TCS contract, the deal value will be unevenly spread over a decade-long contract period.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information