American business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Sitel has announced the appointment of Filipino human resources practitioner Drew Fernandez as its new chief HR officer for the Asia-Pacific region. The appointment brings Fernandez back to the Philippines after a decade of working abroad in the UK, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. He was most recently senior global innovation transformation HR director of Unilever, based in the UK. Sitel said Fernandez is well-positioned to lead Sitel in scaling up its HR organization to achieve the company’s ambitious growth and business goals in the Philippines and across the region, with his vast experience in human resources, shared services, HR innovation, and organizational development and transformation. He started his career at Unilever in 2004 after graduating from the Ateneo de Manila University with a degree in Business Administration and Management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information