Business process outsourcing (BPO) professionals are expected to continue to be in demand for employers looking for staff online in the months ahead. This was the prediction of Sanjay Modi, managing director of Monster.com who said online hiring for the IT and BPO sector went up by 13% in April while overall online hiring in the Philippines dropped 24%. The IT-BPO sector was among the areas that registered notable growth during the month based on the Monster Employment Index (MEI) of the online employment solutions provider Monster.com. Aside from the IT and BPO sector, other areas that registered notable growth in online hiring were retail, advertising, media and entertainment, banking and finance, insurance and education.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information