The Cebu Educational Development for Information Technology (Cedfit) stressed that Cebu is not threatened by losing some voice investments to neighboring provinces that are actively promoting their BPO appeal. According to Cedfit managing director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr, Cebu is now increasingly attracting higher value services investments, which means that the province’s BPO industry will not be unduly threatened if neighboring provinces and cities are able to capture a share of the multi-billion dollar voice outsourcing market. Earlier, economist Bernardo Villegas had warned Cebu’s BPO sector should not to be complacent as Cebu’s appeal as BPO investment destination is starting to weaken because of degrading infrastructure.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information