The latest Monster Employment Index (MEI) released by online jobs site Monster.com showed that online hiring for business process outsourcing (BPO) was at -1% in January. Online hiring for information technology also logged growth of -3% while telecoms and Internet services were at -19%. Overall, the MEI showed a decline of 33% year on year in January for Philippine online hiring, according to Monster.com. The country’s Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) industry posted the biggest gain in online hiring at 13% year-on-year, from a 6% rise in December. Sanjay Modi, managing director of Monster.com, however, said in a statement that employment, particularly in the BPO, healthcare, engineering, accounting, clerks, and IT roles is expected to rise as the government also increases spending across multiple sectors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information