Senator Ralph Recto expressed hope that President Benigno Aquino III will sign into law the bill creating the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) before his term ends. Recto, principal author of the bill, was optimistic that Aquino is just looking for the best day or the best venue for a signing ceremony. Recto even suggested having the bill signed in a coffee shop where business process outsourcing (BPO) workers congregate to create an impact. Both houses of Congress already passed their own version of the DICT bill last year. Recto said the DICT can be a powerful main force that would spur ICT development and manage the country’s ICT environment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information