The Monster Employer Index’s November data showed that online recruitment of information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) executives fell 38% in the Philippines, with the country’s overall online hiring activities falling 22% in the month. According to the Monster Employer Index, which looks at hiring opportunities in three ASEAN markets – Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia – the Philippines’ sluggish economy triggered a slowdown in online hiring. However, the Philippines was not the worst performer in terms of online recruitment for IT and BPO executives. Monster said Malaysia’s online hiring dipped 60% in November while Singapore saw a decline of 14%.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information