The Asian Animation Industry Report 2017 revealed that the outsourced computer animation production market in the Asia Pacific region is continuously booming as it is increasingly being tapped by North American and European film and television program producers. The availability of trained and skilled workers at lower labor rates make the region’s animation industry a magnet for foreign filmmakers. For nearly forty years, Western studios have established and maintained production facilities, first in Japan, then in South Korea and Taiwan, and now in the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Indonesia, and China. The economics of the industry made it feasible for Asia to feed the cartoon world, to the extent that today, about 90 percent of all American television animation is produced in Asia.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information