The National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) said Western Visayas posted an 8.3% rise in gross regional domestic product in 2015, making it the second-fastest growing regional economy in the Philippines. Among the factors that contributed to the growth is the region’s robust business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. According to government data, Western Visayas is home to 46 BPO companies that employ about 20,000 workers. Western Visayas covers the provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, and Iloilo, and the cities of Passi, Roxax, Capiz and Iloilo. The region remains the fifth largest contributor to the country’s GDP. Last year, Western Visayas registered P60 billion worth of investments, the second highest investment figure for all regions.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information