Outsourcing and offshoring companies have helped sustain Cebu’s retail boom according to Colliers International Philippines. The establishment of more knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) firms in Cebu City complemented the retail sector’s growth, Colliers claimed. It noted that the influx of these companies boosted the share of KPO employees in Cebu’s outsourcing workforce to nearly 30 percent in 2015 from only 10 percent in 2008. And the projected 10 percent annual growth of Cebu’s outsourcing workforce is seen to support the expansion of the city’s consumer base. Meanwhile, manufacturing and export firms located inside Mactan Export Processing Zone have also been instrumental in propelling Cebu’s retail industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information