With the rapid adoption of artificial intelligence, robotics, and automation in the outsourcing industry, key industry players are now revisiting the roadmap to determine if there needs to be tweaked. The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) is set to release the study on the call center in relation to AI and automation at the end of the year. Other groups in the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) are also conducting their own studies. CCAP Jojo Uligan said they will do an inventory of the services to determine how many workers and how much of the services will be affected. The magnitude of the impact of AI is expected to easily affect the contact center sector, which accounts for 70% of the 1.2 million total workforce of the IT-BPM industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information