IT and outsourcing giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) opened a sprawling facility in Thane, Mumbai that will seat 30,000 employees, an ambitious exercise aimed at consolidating its operations across the Mumbai region under one roof. The new facility named Olympus Centre was inaugurated by chief minister Devendra Fadnavis. Since TCS functions from several offices in the city, some of them being rented properties, it was decided to bring a chunk of the operations under one roof, said officials. TCS Olympus Centre will be developed in two phases and can accommodate 30,000 employees once fully operational. The state-of the art facility includes a training block, club house and gymnasium thus providing a contemporary and holistic work culture.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information