Reduced R&D spending and lower profit margins will push more pharmaceutical firms to outsource clinical work this year, a study conducted by Kalorama Information showed. According to the study, the value of drug discovery work outsourced to contract research organisations will increase 20% year-on-year to USD21bn this year. That would mean that more drug discovery work will be outsourced this year as pharmaceutical firms seek to reduce the risk of failure and cut costs. The study further revealed that over the next 4-5 years, almost half of the drug discovery research will be contracted to outsourcing organizations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information