The Department of Justice (DOJ) has advised the Authority of the Freeport of Bataan (AFAB) that all online gaming-related operations based within the special economic zone are subject to the regulatory authority of PAGCOR. AFAB chairman Emmanuel Pineda had sought the opinion of the DOJ as he believes that GICC’s handling of BPO operations for international gambling sites meant no actual gaming operations were happening within the AFAB. However, DOJ Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre maintained that despite being limited only to foreign markets, GICC’s operations are to remain under PAGCOR’s authority. PAGCOR’s POGO program was part of government efforts to impose stricter authority over online gaming operations in special economic zones.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information