The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (Peza) lauded the retention of tax incentives for industries registered under economic zones (ecozones). Charito Plaza, Peza Director General, cited that under the recently passed Tax Reform Acceleration and Inclusion (Train) law, all incentives for ecozone industries, including business process outsourcing, will remain as before. She explained that industries registered under Peza ecozones can still avail of value added tax (VAT) exemption particularly with their local purchases. Plaza is optimistic that the retention of incentives will continue to help attract more investors, and so translate into additional job hiring.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information