Danish robotics company Universal Robots (UR) said there is a pressing need for the Philippines to increase the adoption of robotic automation to enable the country to compete with other Asian firms. Shermine Gotfredsen, president for Southeast Asia and Oceania of UR, said the Philippines needs to seize automation opportunities to stay competitive and avoid losing ground to its neighbors. Gotfredsen said robotic automation will boost various local industries such as manufacturing, automotive and electronics as robotics will address issues on quality, productivity, consistency, and reduce wastage of materials. UR recently announced its venture with Asia Integrated Machine Inc to deploy and offer customized automation solutions comprising end-effectors and accessories for collaborative robots.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information