The Philippine economy is forecast to expand by at least 6% this year due to sound macroeconomic fundamentals and robust domestic consumption, according to a forecast made by First Metro Investments Corp (FMIC), the investment banking arm of Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co, and DBS Bank Ltd. Among the drivers of the economic growth this year are the country’s growing business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, stable peso, moderate inflation and declining oil prices. Rabboni Francis Arjonillo, president of FMIC, told reporters that the outlook for the Philippines remains optimistic but guarded due to uncertainties in the local financial markets and weakness in the global economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information