The Philippine embassy in Doha said it will resubmit to Congress a proposal to outsource its visa application process to streamline its operation. Ambassador Wilfredo Santos said the proposal is aimed at decongesting the chancery and better serve the increasing number of Filipinos in Qatar. He added that outsourcing the submission of visa applications will significantly lessen the traffic. The proposal was earlier denied by a former undersecretary from the previous administration. In 2015, the Doha embassy had processed 1,948 visas, making it the sixth largest in the number of visas issued among other Philippine embassies in the Middle East and North Africa.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information