Telecommunications companies have urged the government to actively participate in improving the internet speed in the Philippines. This as internet speeds for both mobile and fixed broadband in the country improved in September. Average download speed for mobile rose to 11.95 Mbps in September from 10.47 Mbps in August and 8.18 Mbps in September. Internet speed has been one of the considerations of business process outsourcing companies when deciding to invest in certain locations. Telcos admitted their infrastructure on thousands of islands in the country is not enough, prompting them to seek government support.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information