The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in Vietnam is taking advantage of what some analysts have called political instability in the Philippines. According to an Asia Nikkei report, the political instability in the Philippines is believed to be creating an opening in Vietnam for BPO newcomers. While Vietnam’s BPO is worth a mere USD2bn, compared to the Philippines’ USD22bn, the industry continues to grow. Vietnam’s sectoral focus has also developed differently than those of the Philippines and India, which have succeeded with originally call center services for English markets. The report said Vietnamese players have focused more on document processing services and for more than 20 different language markets, including data capture, image processing, data categorization and data updating.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information