Monster.com’s employment index for the Philippines showed online recruitment increased by 6% year-on-year in June. The business process outsourcing and IT services sector recorded the highest growth in online recruitment, with an 18% increase from last year. The engineering, construction, and real estate sector had the steepest decline at -9%. The steepest growth among occupations was in customer service jobs at 26% growth. Admin and HR had the biggest decline at -13%. Managing director of Monster.com for APAC and Middle East said that the BPO, manufacturing, and agricultural sectors are likely to remain the major driving forces behind the country’s growing economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information