Digital transformation remains slow in the Philippines while its peers in the Asia Pacific region are strengthening their information technology adoption and capabilities, according to a report released by global industry-specific cloud applications provider Infor. However, Helen Masters, Infor Asia Pacific Senior Vice President and General Manager, said the Philippine government is now leading the way toward this direction, and encouraging other industries and business players to follow suit and accelerate their efforts. Based on the Cloud Readiness Index (CRI) 2018 report of the Asia Cloud Computing Association, the Philippines is consistently moving up in the ranking of the 14 Asia Pacific economies. The Philippines ranked ninth with 53.6 points in the list, which is led by Singapore, with a total score of 76.6. The Philippines did well on aspects of addressing privacy and freedom of information.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information